Star Lake’s student dress code policy for 2023-2024 is as follows:
To support a safe, kind and productive environment, we expect all scholars will come to school dressed in a manner showing they are ready to learn and participate in school activities and that does not distract from the learning of others.
- Tops with sleeves are suggested. If tank tops are worn the shoulder strap needs to be at least 2 inches wide.
- Shirts must cover the belly and torso
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be at least finger-tip length when standing up straight (we suggest students wear shorts or leggings under skirts, but they are not required)
- Students may wear jeans, leggings, and pants with elastic waists (we suggest students wear longer shirts with leggings)
- Pants must be worn around the waist, no sagging
- Hoods, stocking hats, beanies, scarves and gloves may be worn outside only in inclement weather. “Baseball-style” hats need to stay at home and are not brought to school.
- Heavy coats may be worn outside only. Light jackets, sweaters and sweatshirts may be worn in class, NO hoods on inside
- Tennis or sport shoes are highly recommended for safety and comfort. Rain/winter boots are acceptable during inclement weather, however students will have difficulty participating in PE unless they are wearing sport shoes